Xport NO3 Cubes | Brightwell Aquatics
Xport-NO3 is a superior biomedia that utilizes NanoIntelex technology allowing Brightwell to create one of the best, most adaptable denitrifing biomedia cubes on the market today. Xport-NO3 is great for tanks that have minimal aquascape, or heavily stocked.
The biomedia cubes can be put just about anywhere within the system to allow more surface area for biological filtration, resulting is faster conversion of nitrates. Denitrifing bacteria will colonize on surfaces within the aquarium, and by adding more surface area will give the bacteria more space to flourish resulting in lower overall nitrates in the aquariumMade specifically to allow beneficial denitifying bacteria to colonize within the vast amounts of surface area within the cubes internal pore structure.
- Utilizes NanoIntelex Technology to create an enhanced, "ultra-activated" material with the capacity to outperform conventional denitrification media by over 300%
- Open structure and high surface area results in superior flow-through characteristics and filtration efficiency.
- Higher efficiency relative to conventional media results in smaller space requirements to achieve equivalent denitrification.
- May be employed to rapidly decrease nitrate in even the most heavily-stocked systems.
- Eliminates the need to perform water changes that are carried out for the express purpose of decreasing nitrate in an aquarium system.
- May be used in conjunction with Xport-BIO and Xport-PO4
Brightwell utilizes NanoIntelex technology creating a highly superior biomedia that has vast amounts of surface area that will allow beneficial nitrifying bacteria to colonize. Xport-NO3 works with all types of saltwater aquariums and can be employed in just about any fashion that doesn't tumble the cubes.
Instructions and Guidelines
Read all instructions before use. The use of a mechanical pre-filter to remove particulate organic material from water prior to its interaction with this media will improve efficiency. Rinse Xport-NO3 in purified water or low-TDS fresh water, then place media into a clean pail and fill with water from the aquarium into which the media is to be placed. Seed each 150 g of Xport-NO3 used with 20-ml of MicroBacter7 (poured into the pail and dispersed by hand), then allow media to remain in this "bath" for 24-hours at room temperature.
Remove Xport-NO3 from pail and pour water into the aquarium system, then place Xport-NO3 into canister filter, media reactor, or 800µm mesh filter bag; a flow-through rate of 1 - 3x the total aquarium volume per hour is recommended. Do not fluidize. In systems with an initial [NO3] of <40 ppm, begin with a ratio of 150 g Xport-NO3 per 120 US-gallons (454 L) in system (increase this mass by 10% for every 10 ppm NO3 in excess of 40 ppm). Denitrification will typically begin within one week; rate of denitrification increases with time.
If corals or other invertebrates appear to react negatively to the use of Xport-NO3, it may be an indication that NO3 is being removed too aggressively; decrease amount of Xport-NO3 used by 50% and continue use until [NO3] falls within desired range.